Hello fellow foodies! Today I will be branching outside of the Paleo “realm” for something a little more, well VEGAN. Our spices are meant to serve all Paleo, Vegan, Keto, Whole 30 and Low Sodium diets! This recipe is so delicious and full of flavor you will not be disappointed. (If you are looking for something completely paleo I will be inserting the paleo substitutes beside the ingredients.)
This recipe takes on the flavor profile of a traditional Italian pasta dish with “meat sauce” or in this case faux meat sauce. 1 serving has approximately 430-460 calories which is relatively low considering we are eating pasta. I found that one serving kept me full until dinner, but if you are extra hungry a serving and a half would not hurt either. So! Let’s dive in.
- Olive oil spray // 0 calories
- Chopped ⅓ bell pepper // 13 calories
- Chopped 4 mushrooms // 20 calories
- Half cut Tofurkey sausage // 140 calories (sub chicken sausage)
- 1 cup pasta or 1 serving. I used an organic Gigli pasta from Trader Joe’s and 1 serving contained 200 calories (sub cauliflower rice)
- ⅓ cup marinara sauce // 50 calories
- 1 teaspoon Paleo Living Spices ULTIMATE PROTEIN RUB // 0 calories
Directions: Use a pot to bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Once water is boiling add in your serving of pasta and cook for the recommended time. Drain and set aside.If you are subbing for cauliflower rice, delete this step altogether. In a pan spray it with your olive oil spay and add in your sausage, red bell pepper, mushroom, marinara sauce and seasoning from Paleo Living Spices. Simmer all of the ingredients together for about 10 minutes on medium heat. Place pasta in a bowl and pour meat sauce over the pasta. Bon appetit!