Paleo Living Spices Hot Honey Cajun Shrimp
Paleo Living Spices Honey Cajun Rub is one of our best selling products we have available! Today I wanted to share an original recipe specially curated for our Paleo Cajun rub! (click here to purchase Honey Cajun). Since we’ve been getting a lot of extra fresh seafood in, I thought why not share something that makes us think of warm beaches and exotic tastes that gets our minds off the winter blues. Let’s get cookin’!
- 3/4 cups warm ghee
- 1/4 avocado oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 tablespoon Paleo Living Honey Cajun
- 1 teaspoon Paleo Living Veggie Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- ½ lemon, sliced
- 2 pounds medium to large fresh shrimp, unpeeled
- Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients into a plastic baggy (except ghee) and let marinate for at least 2 hours- overnight is best. Tip: Pour warm water first, then add in your honey and zip the bag and knead the bag until the honey melts. Afterwards, continue to add the rest of the ingredients.
- Preheat grill to medium- high heat.
- Take marinated shrimp out of the refrigerator
- Place warm ghee in a small baking dish.
- Pour all of the shrimp and the marinade into the baking dish. Add salt if you wish.
- Transfer baking dish to the grill and cook for 4-6 minutes, flipping and stirring 1-2 times or until pink and paque.
- Serve with some cubed roasted sweet potato or some kabobed veggies! Oh and don’t forget to enjoy!